As you plan your wedding, think about the moments that will create memories. Taking a few minutes to think about some things that show or represent you as a couple to make your wedding feel more like you. You’ll want to create a vibe that shows your personality as a couple. Remember this is your wedding and you want to show your love for each other, what you both enjoy together as a couple, and throw in a little about yourselves as individuals. Think about a special food or unique activity. This is a day where it is all about you and your love, show it off, this is an important day.
A few of my favorite ideas:
- Having a last dance when people are getting ready for the grand exit. This will give you great pictures and a moment alone after you are married.
- Having an anniversary dance. This is traditionally held to find the longest married couple in the room. At the end of the song, you can ask them for advice and present them with a small gift or flowers.
- Dances with grandparents with the couple.
- Having a photographer get more candid moments with guests and the couple. I love when a photographer takes a table photo, of every table, throughout the night.
- Having a late night snack like pizza, burgers or an ice cream bar, this will ensure those who are drunk or tipsy have food in them before they go home.
- Extra Entertainment Ideas – a photo booth, a caricature artist, or having your DJ do the shoe game.
- Try and see/talk/dance with most of the people at the wedding, this will ensure that you get pictures with everybody
- Have recordings of all the speeches – A videographer can help you with this and you don’t need to hire them for the entire day.
- Give a bridesmaid your phone to take more personal or candid during getting ready or during the party
- Have a fun drink that represents your relationship, a mixed drink or something
- Going non-traditional with your guests book – a Photo Frame, Scrapbooking Pages, Fingerprint Trees, etc.
- A Bridal Party Dance, possibly asking their significant others to join all of you on the dance floor.
Anything you offer at your wedding will be talked about for years to come. Enjoy making it personal to the two of you. Choose what fits you as a couple well, make it something personal to you and your guests will remember all of the personal touches.